I’m having a wonderful time with this Blog, and I hope you enjoy it too. This month alone we’ve talked about the Christmas Story, the Maccabees and the Chanukah Story, Science and Epistemology, Kwanzaa, the political situation in Palestine at the time of Christ’s birth, the Fracking issue, Sri Ramakrishna, the AIDS crisis, the Old Testament’s erotic masterpiece ‘The Song of Songs’, the latest book from Hay House, and much more. With several days left in the month, it looks like we’ll be reaching more than 6,000 visitors in December!
Thanks for joining us throughout 2011, and I hope we’ll see you all through 2012. And if you like the site and appreciate the posts we share, here are Ten Things you can do!
TOP 10 WAYS TO HELP AN AUTHOR YOU CARE ABOUT
1. BUY YOUR FRIEND’S BOOK! Buy copies as gifts for family and friends. Encourage other friends to buy the book. Go to your local library or bookstore and encourage them to buy the book. If you like my blog, you will certainly like my book.
2. DON’T PUT OFF BUYING THE BOOK. Media and other decision makers pick up on a book based on the momentum the book inspires. The more sales the more attention it will get from key decision makers, the media, and consumers.
3. WHERE TO BUY IT? My first choice is Amazon (I make a bigger royalty when you buy it from the ‘cart’ on this site, but every Amazon sale raises the level of awareness of cyberspace (Amazon, Google, etc.). My books are available in paperback or on kindle and other eReaders, and can be ordered by your local bookstore.
4. RECOMMEND YOUR FRIEND’S BOOK. If you like the book, recommend it to friends. Blog about it (write a review for your blog, or interview me). Tweet a review or mention. Share a note on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Recommend the book to your book group. Review the book on Amazon.com, BN.com, GoodReads, Library Thing, and other reader social networks.
5. HELP YOUR FRIEND GET SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS. I give talks and seminars on “The Seven Steps of Spiritual Awakening”, “Promoting Religious Tolerance”, “The Sacred Feminine in the Bible”, and “Reconciling Science and Religion.” Host a Talk. Host a Tour! Contact me at Andrew@AndrewCort.com
6. RECOMMEND THIS WEBSITE. Link to it from your website, blog, Facebook page, etc. Tweet about it. Write Comments! Add this Blog to your Blogroll.
7. CREATE A WIKIPEDIA PAGE. While authors can’t create their own Wikipedia page, other people can. On the Wikipedia page, feature a short bio (you can find mine on the “About Andrew Cort” tab above), a bibliography, and a link to this website.
8. HELP YOUR FRIEND WITH THE MEDIA. If you know of any newspaper editors or reporters, magazine editors, radio producers or hosts, TV show hosts or producers, columnists, bloggers, etc., send them a copy of the book or a note about the author. Or tell me about your connection, and introduce me to your contacts. If you host an Internet radio show, podcast, or teleseminar series, please interview me (you can listen to some of my past interviews on the “Media” tab above).
10. PRAY. Prayer always helps. Pray for people to discover and read the book. Pray it helps them with their lives. Pray for major media attention.
YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
And Please Note: If you enjoy my Blog Posts, you will certainly enjoy my books.